Sunday, October 26, 2008

Taronga Zoo

Oct 23, 2008

So much to fill you in on. I will do my best, not right now, but soon. Instead, I will tell you about my day today in Sydney. I woke up later than I had wanted to after an especially rocky trip back into Sydney. The sea is always a little rough on our way back home, but last night was brutal. My cabin is starboard side, forward, and the waves crashed up against my cabin all night. Needless to say, it was difficult to get a good nights rest. I woke up around 7am and looked out my "window," channel 23 (the camera in the bridge) and saw that we hadn't made it to port. Went back to sleep until 9:30am. By then we had made it. I got up and made my way down to the Rocks, the oldest part of Sydney. I went to a cafe and got a cappuccino and muffin and used free wireless internet. It was kind of an overcast day, but wasn't raining, so after finishing my e-mails, I decided to head out to the Taronga Zoo. I had to take a ferry from Circular Quay to the other side of the Harbour. By the time I got their it had started sprinkling. I thought I would give it a shot anyway. It was a really nice zoo. I finally was able to see some Kangaroos and Wallabies and other species indigenous to Australia. There was one section that you were able to walk around with the Wallabies. I saw tree Kangaroos, legless lizards, emus, and koalas. The whole time I was walking around the zoo I could see Sydney's skyline. It was quite nice. I have one more Sydney day before I leave. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do. Maybe go up the Sydney tower, or climb the Harbour Bridge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to have a blog entry again. Glad to hear you finally saw some kangaroos. Have fun in Sydney. Love Mom and Dad

jillyb said...

Hi Jon-
I've enjoyed reading about your travels. The zoo sounded awesome. I'm glad you're going to be at the Sitarz Christmas party. That will be quite a celebration!! I'm still a little self-conscious about leaving comments, so will stop now.
Buen caminos.
Jill (aka, Aleza's mom)